At the Marietta Community Foundation, we want to make sure our donors are getting the most out of their community investments. That is why we created our "Year-End Giving Guide" to help educate our past, present, and future donors!
Here are a few helpful tips to remember when giving back to your community this holiday season:
1. Open Or Add To A Donor Advised Fund
- If you seek a tax deduction but aren’t sure which nonprofits you wish to support, consider opening a donor advised fund with MCF. You may claim an immediate tax deduction, but decisions on which specific nonprofits benefit may be deferred.
2. Use Appreciated Securities
- The IRS allows a charitable tax deduction on the full fair market value of your gift if you have held the stock for more than 12 months. You may also avoid capital gains on the appreciated portion.
3. Leverage Charitable IRA Rollover
- This provision was permanently enacted into law and enables donors age 70½ or older to donate up to $100,000 from their IRAs without first counting the distribution as income.
To take advantage of any of these tips and to save on the upcoming tax season, please contact The Foundation at 740-373-3286 or email Heather Allender, MCF President / CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Foundation will be closed December 24th and 25th.
GIVE TODAY. SAVE TOMORROW!