$14.50 to $16.50/hour
Develop and implement an integrative communications and marketing strategy while overseeing program and special project development.
Communications & Marketing Responsibilities:
- Leads with development of creative concepts and marketing strategies for promoting the work of the Marietta Community Foundation, with input from CEO and Marketing Committee
- Leads in the development, production and delivery of publications and presentation materials, including brochures, flyers, posters, direct mail solicitations, Powerpoint presentations, charts and graphs, and other development and communications support materials.
- Create concepts into print, online and other collateral materials
- Develop content for promotional materials including newsletters, website, social media stories, media releases, and other materials as needed
- Enhance social media presence which includes developing content and providing scheduled Facebook posts and updates, attracting nontraditional donors
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories. Develop relationships with local media personnel
- Assist with Annual Event planning; theme, schedule, nonprofit contest component
- Assist in educating the public about Marietta Community Foundation and philanthropy
- Knowledge of design software; Adobe Creative Suite
Grant Administration Responsibilities:
- Assist CEO in reviewing and analyzing proposals through written materials, site visits, interviews with other funders and relevant agencies, as well as comparing the funding request with what is known in the field of the proposed program.
- Conduct research on issues or concerns of importance to the community foundation through written materials, interviews, community meetings, computer networks, or other useful vehicles.
- Provides outreach to the nonprofit community and other public and private organizations to develop partnerships to strengthen the region.
Scholarship Administration Responsibilities:
- Represent and serve as spokesperson / staff liaison for the scholarship funds within the regional framework having contacts/audiences with: students; parents; school officials; donors and related parties associated with scholarship funds; and staff, scholarship committee and board members in the various Foundation communities
- Organize scholarship information sessions as is deemed necessary
- Knowledge of design software; Adobe Creative Suite- required
- Knowledge of Squarespace and MailChimp- required
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, outgoing. Able to interact with grantseekers, board members, donors, and foundation staff from diverse backgrounds
- Familiarity with Marietta and its nonprofit sector.
- Self-starter who is creative, flexible and accurate
- Strategic thinking skills—plans, develops and coordinates visionary directions for the foundation.
- Highly developed analytical thinking skills.
- Commitment to the mission of the Foundation and its Strategic Plan.
- Able to thrive on change and succeed in an environment with a rapid pace and heavy workload.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 7th.
Marietta Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.