We strongly urge all potential applicants to informally share their ideas with the Foundation before submitting a completed application.
Contact Heather Allender, President & CEO, at (740) 373-3286 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Marietta Community Foundation has established specific grantmaking objectives based on the characteristics of successful past projects and our goals for improving the community. We welcome grant requests from organizations that benefit the citizens of Washington County and the surrounding communities. We seek to support organizations and projects that:
- Build on local community strengths and assets.
- Stimulate support from other funding sources.
- Respond creatively to community problems.
- Serve a broad segment of the community.
- Expand access and opportunities for people from low-income and underserved communities.
- Address underlying causes rather than symptoms.
- Increase cooperation and coordination among program providers without duplicating services.
- Improve organization self-sufficiency and efficiency.
- Initiate efforts that will continue to grow in their effectiveness.
- Develop our sense of this community as a special place.
- Have strong board and staff or volunteer leadership.
- Involve a cross-section of people in project planning.
To be considered in a particular cycle, the application must be received at the Foundation's offices by April 1st or October 1st by 4:00 p.m. If the application is not received by that date, it will be held over for consideration during the next grant cycle.
Applicants should allow 60 to 90 days for processing and response.